talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bridge City Tool Works

Bridge City Tool Works For the past twenty-five years we have been producing innovative and impeccably crafted heirloom tools for serious woodworkers and collectors worldwide. Made in America, all of our tools are produced in limited numbers and with minimal care should continue to inspire your children's children. I believe the look, feel and accuracy of each Bridge City tool will always influence you to do your best work. Quality is contagious. Regards, John Economaki President & Founder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Re: there they go again..... Bridge City Tools

That is just so cool I'd love to have one of those in the woodshop
The price blew me away though
Cheers!
Okami
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

For now I'll be content with my Mortise Pal, Dowel Master, and various squares. All together they still cost less than half what that thing costs. Not as pretty, sure. But I'm a poor starving professor, after all.

Gillian was looking over my shoulder as I watched the video and she kept saying, "Cool! Wow! You need one of those, daddy! You need one!"

That's my girl!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post

Gillian was looking over my shoulder as I watched the video and she kept saying, "Cool! Wow! You need one of those, daddy! You need one!"

That's my girl!
That's two out of three, just get Sharon on board and place your order.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

See, the scary thing is Sharon would say, "If you really want that tool, you should get it." She trusts me. That means I have to be extra careful, otherwise we'll be out of wine money. And that would be a fast road to divorce!

Our mantra in the house on these things is "Need/want. Need/want." Such a difficult yin-yang sort of balance...
Old 04-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:

... Sharon would say, "If you really want that tool, you should get it." She trusts me.
The old "trust" ploy, I hate that. Followed closely by "let your conscience be your guide".

Deception is so much more fruitful.

That's the main reason Festools come in identical containers, without taking regular inventory it's hard to spot new arrivals.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Sure. Until she sees the credit card bill...
Old 04-25-2009, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Sure. Until she sees the credit card bill...
Peter, I can see that you've got so much to learn. This is an easy one.

Open a new account and have the statements sent to your office.

When the account balance gets too big, you sell your wife's car to pay it off, while reporting it stolen.

Geez, if you can't grasp the fundamentals, how do you expect to build your Festool collection?
Old 04-25-2009, 04:35 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
See, the scary thing is Sharon would say, "If you really want that tool, you should get it." She trusts me. That means I have to be extra careful, otherwise we'll be out of wine money. And that would be a fast road to divorce!

Our mantra in the house on these things is "Need/want. Need/want." Such a difficult yin-yang sort of balance...
Whoa! She's dangerous!!! Talk about a guilt build up!

Dan.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:08 AM

Location: 41°N 79°W One of the Thirteen Original Colonies of the United States of America

Just remember, "It's always easier to seek forgiveness than to get permission".

I especially like the double saddle square -- that just could become my first Bridge City tool.

Ron
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-27-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post
Just remember, "It's always easier to seek forgiveness than to get permission".

Ron
you are so right