talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bowclamp

Bowclamp Modern technology used to realize an age-old idea: a perfect bow shaped arc. The Bowclamp's patented design - made possible only with the help of computerized, numerically-controlled cutting technology (CNC) - allows for equal clamping pressure along the entire length of the glue line... with only one clamp at each end!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2014, 11:00 PM

Default Even I'm amazed how much use they get

Here's a recent project. Built-ins for a home office. Or as I like to call it... Bread n' Butter.

It was a small room so I couldn't get a good shot of them both together (the panoramic function wasn't playing nice...)

left

and right

First I edgeband all of the shelves with 1/4" poplar. I rip 3/4" material to 13/16"... flip it on edge and rip in half leaving 5/16". Then once through the planer at 1/4" and good to go.

I actually did all 16 in one shot... but I'm probably the only one with that many Bowclamps.

Fixed shelves got biscuited in place... I bastardized some 2 footers by cutting them in half for just such an occasion. How else do you get a tight joint in the middle of the shelf.

That T- slot is awful handy as you're racing the glue-clock.

Just sayin'

Then the face-frame gets glued on. That's a master set plus a single 2 footer.

Meanwhile the counter-tops get clamped up... Maple ply with a 3/4" poplar edge.

Thanks for lookin'!

Last edited by CraigFeuerzeig; 11-16-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:31 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Even I'm amazed how much use they get

Awesome build, Craig! Your final product is beautiful, and I'm really glad you showed us the construction. Man, those Bowclamps are wonderful things! I was using mine just a few weeks ago to glue up a big panel - flawless!

Old 05-31-2014, 02:45 PM

Nice work, Craig. Surprised they did not want any adjustable shelves.

Thanks for the step by step.

Neil
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Yeah we talked about that. She doesn't like the look of all those holes... And she said she would never adjust them anyway (which generally seems to be the case, in my experience).

Thanks for the kind words.