talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bowclamp

Bowclamp Modern technology used to realize an age-old idea: a perfect bow shaped arc. The Bowclamp's patented design - made possible only with the help of computerized, numerically-controlled cutting technology (CNC) - allows for equal clamping pressure along the entire length of the glue line... with only one clamp at each end!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 01:47 PM

Default Help...Okami (perhaps?)

I have no idea what language this is... although I'm pretty sure what it says.

시골목수 :: 네이버 블로그

Old 09-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Help...Okami (perhaps?)

That's Korean, Craig. But what on earth are they trying to do with that glue-up
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

That's the funniest glue-up I've ever seen! If ever someone needed some Bowclamps, it's them, Craig. Maybe you should arrange a humanitarian mission over to South Korea to help them out?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 PM

So, my wife was not distant when I saw this picture. I could feel her stare, and she quipped "You going to live? And you say our daughter has a funny laugh!"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 PM

If its in Korean, as Okami says, I'll betcha its North Korean!

Reminds me of a time when I was helping a friend with a glue up of a complex lamination. The thing spiraled up about 4 feet, and the assembly was sitting on top of a bench. The "clamps" were basically strips of an old inner tube stretched around the lams and tied together at the ends.

Funniest part, though, was when I got home, my wife asked "How in the world did you get glue on top of your ball cap?"
Old 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

If only I'd seen this before I spent $300 on Bowclamps! I already have the rope and enough scrap to make wedges. Those custom ergonomic C-clamp grips are too cool! I wonder how much Saki it took to come up with that rig?

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 09-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Korea, Alex: they drink soju there.

And presumably lots. Gotta love how they used the wedges both as a tourniquet and a wedge under the tourniquet.

Maybe Craig will refund your money...
Old 09-11-2012, 01:49 AM

Very primitive glue-up method
I don't think it's from North Korea, as they have very restricted internet access and we probably wouldn't be seeing it either.
I agree with Poto! people desperately need better clamping solutions around here.
Craig, maybe I should become Your Asia dealer of Bowclamp!
I could actually put You onto a shop that might want to stock them here in Japan. They are the only stockist of Veritas tools I know in Japan, among other foreign tools.