talkFestool

talkFestool (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/)
-   Bowclamp (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/bowclamp/)
-   -   I blame you! (http://www.talkfestool.com/vb/bowclamp/5132-i-blame-you.html)

rutager 01-12-2012 12:51 AM

I blame you!

Hello Craig,

I don't have any Bowclamps. I'm blaming you, because somehow you let me leave the WIA two years in a row without any! I would really like to right this wrong by placing an order; I would also like to be difficult too. I understand that from time to time you have made special versions in length or species of wood. I would really like a pair about a foot long and another pair in the standard 2 foot version. Please advise on the proper amount of groveling and money tossing needed to make this happen.

Thanks,
Rutager

RWeber 01-12-2012 01:02 AM

Re: I blame you!

I'm taking orders for Craig while he's on vacation. You can just send me the $4800 and I'll get them going.

Poto 01-12-2012 01:12 AM

:Laughing2: :Laughing2: :Laughing2:

CraigFeuerzeig 01-12-2012 01:57 AM

Guilty as charged. I can't believe you let me let that happen. Will remedy ASAP. I know Fred loves his one footers. (singles... aces??) Send me your shipping address. Randy is on it. :D

Meanwhile...Greetings from my vacation :D (still pluggin')

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...g/xmas2011.jpg

Okami 01-12-2012 02:07 AM

I want some 4 one footer and 4 one and half footers!
Help me out Craig!

Poto 01-12-2012 03:06 AM

And I want two left footers... Poking

RWeber 01-12-2012 03:14 AM

Nothing better than a working trip, I always say.

CraigFeuerzeig 01-12-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 77612)
And I want two left footers... Poking

You're in luck... I just happen to have 2 left feet. :thumbsup2:

You guys should see the ones I just sent Down Unda... I drilled the opposite side... Ya know, 'cause they hang the other way. :Loser:

Poto 01-12-2012 04:15 PM

:Laughing2:

rutager 01-13-2012 12:35 PM

Craig,

Sounds good; so do I just send Randy $4,800 and get you my address, or can we eliminate the middle man and I just send you a lesser, but still fair amount of money?

Another thought might be for you to make them at 11 3/4" long and then Fred would have to buy a set too because they're a size he doesn't have!

-Rutager

CraigFeuerzeig 01-13-2012 01:54 PM

I guess we can do it your way, and go the reasonable, no middleman route... but those were American jobs, and you'll have to live with that. Sorry Randy. :rolleyes: So just turn that comma into a dot and skootch it over one.:cry:

Corwin 01-13-2012 05:29 PM

At $0.48 I'll take a truckload. :Laughing2::Laughing2::Laughing2:

CraigFeuerzeig 01-13-2012 05:50 PM

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...erzeig/doh.png

RWeber 01-13-2012 09:59 PM

Mah chillins is goin back on da gub'ment cheese!

rutager 01-13-2012 10:40 PM

Randy,

Say what you want about the Goverment, but they make a tasty cheese!

Sorry to take away the extra money; I can only imagine how expensive your shirts are with all the extra fabric in the sleeves and tails!

-Rutager

FredWest 01-13-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rutager (Post 77731)
Randy,

Sorry to take away the extra money; I can only imagine how expensive your shirts are with all the extra fabric in the sleeves and tails!

-Rutager

Craig,

As opposed to what Rutager said I do not need any at 11 3/4" but very much like Okami I would love to get four 18".:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: As far as Rutager goes, could you set him up with a couple of 2 3/4 inchers so that he feels at home.:Laughing2: :Laughing2: :Laughing2: :Laughing2:

Fred

RWeber 01-13-2012 11:55 PM

+1 rutager - I laughed. Hard.

Poto 01-14-2012 12:07 AM

One-footers, Rutager? So, are you using them to glue the siding to your house?

Okami 01-14-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FredWest (Post 77737)
Craig,but very much like Okami I would love to get four 18".:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: Fred

I'm sorry Fred, but I've got the exclusive rights to the 18"er's...
Craig will honour your request after I recieve the first batch and stake claim to the first 18"er's:Laughing2:

RWeber 01-14-2012 04:47 PM

I can see now that competition alone is going to have Craig now producing them in metric as well.

CraigFeuerzeig 01-15-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rutager (Post 77731)
Randy,

-Rutager

:ditto: Rutager's right... the cheese ain't half bad. ;)

rutager 01-17-2012 09:52 PM

Just a quick update: I called Craig directly instead of going thru Randy; the price was substantially cheaper. I don't doubt that having Randy involved would have brought me a great deal of joy, but a man has only so much cash and I would have felt guilty accepting cheese from my fellow citizens.

In the end, I ordered 4 one footers and 4 two footers, really should have done this sooner if only Craig would have let me!!!

Best,
Rutager

RWeber 01-18-2012 12:58 AM

Well, the kids are inconsolable. The girls are playing some Princess thing on the Wii to try to distract them from the knowledge that it's just this kind of thing that makes organized crime such a hard gig.
But that's ok.
I only ask that when you receive your new Bowclamps you take a black marker and adorn one of them with "Government Cheese" as a reminder of the fate you have bestowed on the young ones.
Actually, the job I'm on this week I might actually make a buck on. We cool ;-)

Okami 01-18-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWeber (Post 77898)
Actually, the job I'm on this week I might actually make a buck on. We cool ;-)

Those kind of jobs are getting few and far between in the woodworking game! Good on ya Randy:thumbsup2:
Our Fred is keeping rather quiet...I reckon he's striking a deal for the first 18" bowclamps :cool_shades:

Poto 01-18-2012 01:05 AM

I actually got paid for a job this weekend. I think it worked out to about $5 per hour. But it's money...

Okami 01-18-2012 01:08 AM

I make less per hour than an unskilled McDonalds burger flipper:D

rutager 01-18-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

I make less per hour than an unskilled McDonalds burger flipper
Okami,

To take that analogy another step and to make it worse, you also have to pay the mortgage, buy the griddle, stock the ingredients and pay the other bills!

That's why I like working for people I know; they expect to pay almost nothing and give themselves a lifetime warranty!

-Rutager

Wonderwino 01-18-2012 04:13 AM

:raisedhand: Try working for relatives - I have been a "volunteer" cook at the family restaurant and I get paid with Bud Light, Smoked Pork Ribs & Prime Rib on work nights and a bonus fried chicken buffet on Sunday at noon. :bananarock: I do the pork ribs on my Traeger and they are amaaaazing. Maybe it's not so bad after all.... :Laughing2: :Laughing2: :Laughing2:

CraigFeuerzeig 01-18-2012 03:54 PM

Around here we work for eggs. :Laughing2:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...rzeig/eggs.jpg

That's 100 super-jumbos. :eek: Most are double yolks. My wood chips go to a local farm co-op for use in lining the cattle stalls. Friends get eggs, neighbors get eggs... This week I made deviled eggs, pickled eggs (Mmm... try 'em with beer ;)) Last week I discovered Shakshuka. :thumbsup2:

That's a store bought egg on the left. :scool:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...rzeig/egg2.jpg

Poto 01-18-2012 04:04 PM

Wow! Yum!

How's your cholesterol? Poking

Curried eggs on toast is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. Great for breakfast.

Bob Swenson started a thread here about a million years ago, looking for egg recipes. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find.

Wonderwino 01-18-2012 11:00 PM

When I was going to fire school, (it was an evening class), the instructors had had a slow day at the firehouse and engaged in a pickled egg eating contest. All had consumed between 10-15 eggs that afternoon. We couln't spend much time in the classroom - we had to bail and do a ladder practical outside. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fart001.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fart005.gif http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fart006.gif

CraigFeuerzeig 01-19-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 77925)
Wow! Yum!

How's your cholesterol? Poking

Curried eggs on toast is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. Great for breakfast.

Bob Swenson started a thread here about a million years ago, looking for egg recipes. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find.

Cholesterol sadly (predictably) is through the roof... but I'm blamin' the cheese. :D

MichaelKellough 01-19-2012 02:19 PM

My grandfather's favorite meal was breakfast, scrambled eggs with bacon bits (real bacon) and a side of fatback. Eggs bartered from neighbors.

At dinner, my grandmother would ask if he wanted pie or cake for dessert. He'd say, "I recon I'll have one of each"

He married her when he was 49 and she was 18. He died of grief the year after she died. He was over 100 then. It could be argued that high cholesterol got her but it never seemed to have an affect on him.

Poto 01-19-2012 03:41 PM

Wow on all counts, Michael. A 30 year age difference!?! And he outlived her. He must have been quite a character. What a wonderful story.

Leakyroof 01-19-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelKellough (Post 77952)
My grandfather's favorite meal was breakfast, scrambled eggs with bacon bits (real bacon) and a side of fatback. Eggs bartered from neighbors.

At dinner, my grandmother would ask if he wanted pie or cake for dessert. He'd say, "I recon I'll have one of each"

He married her when he was 49 and she was 18. He died of grief the year after she died. He was over 100 then. It could be argued that high cholesterol got her but it never seemed to have an affect on him.

Hmmm, shades of my Fathers second marriage to my Step-Mom.
I'm not that much younger than her...Used to get ALL kinds of looks when the 3 of us went out back when I was a teenager. [They married right before I was in 10th grade] I looked too old for her to be my Mother, She looked too young to have had me, and no one was sure how my Dad fit into all of this... :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Nowdays if it's just the three of us out shopping, everyone thinks we're married to each other, and they wonder which one of us brought our older parent with them....Poking
Actually more fun than when I was a teenager and they were newlyweds

joraft 01-19-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelKellough (Post 77952)

My father-in-law is a true creature of habit. He has had two eggs (over easy) with two strips of bacon for breakfast every day that I have known him (forty-five years). He has also smoked three (very nasty) cigars every one of those days. He is now ninety-one, and has never had a single health issue that I know of (although he is not doing that well lately, mostly mental).

joraft 01-19-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leakyroof (Post 77959)

... Nowdays if it's just the three of us out shopping, everyone thinks we're married to each other, and they wonder which one of us brought our older parent with them....Poking

I have a similar situation. I'm three years older than my wife, but I look so good I have to tell everyone she's my mother. :D

Poto 01-19-2012 11:00 PM

Hoooo boy, I hope Ann doesn't read this forum! :anim_08: :smack:

Leakyroof 01-20-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 77967)

Sigh, another marriage in peril from an off-handed remark :bananarock::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Wonderwino 01-20-2012 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poto (Post 77967)

You might need a bed and a shower down at the shop! :Laughing2: :Laughing2: :Laughing2:

joraft 01-20-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderwino (Post 77974)

You might need a bed and a shower down at the shop! :Laughing2: :Laughing2: :Laughing2:

Alex, if I could be sure that 24/7 in my shop would be the punishment I'd send my wife a link to this thread. :laughing1:

Corwin 01-20-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joraft (Post 77987)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderwino (Post 77974)

Alex, if I could be sure that 24/7 in my shop would be the punishment I'd send my wife a link to this thread. :laughing1:

Not to worry, Peter has already taken care of that for you... Big eekBig eekBig eek

:Laughing3:

Poto 01-20-2012 02:07 PM

:devildance:

:stirthepot:

Heh heh heh...