talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bowclamp

Bowclamp Modern technology used to realize an age-old idea: a perfect bow shaped arc. The Bowclamp's patented design - made possible only with the help of computerized, numerically-controlled cutting technology (CNC) - allows for equal clamping pressure along the entire length of the glue line... with only one clamp at each end!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 01:56 PM

Default Re: I blame you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutager View Post
Randy,

Say what you want about the Goverment, but they make a tasty cheese!

Sorry to take away the extra money; I can only imagine how expensive your shirts are with all the extra fabric in the sleeves and tails!

-Rutager

Rutager's right... the cheese ain't half bad.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 PM

Just a quick update: I called Craig directly instead of going thru Randy; the price was substantially cheaper. I don't doubt that having Randy involved would have brought me a great deal of joy, but a man has only so much cash and I would have felt guilty accepting cheese from my fellow citizens.

In the end, I ordered 4 one footers and 4 two footers, really should have done this sooner if only Craig would have let me!!!

Best,
Rutager
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:58 AM

Well, the kids are inconsolable. The girls are playing some Princess thing on the Wii to try to distract them from the knowledge that it's just this kind of thing that makes organized crime such a hard gig.
But that's ok.
I only ask that when you receive your new Bowclamps you take a black marker and adorn one of them with "Government Cheese" as a reminder of the fate you have bestowed on the young ones.
Actually, the job I'm on this week I might actually make a buck on. We cool ;-)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeber View Post
Actually, the job I'm on this week I might actually make a buck on. We cool ;-)
Those kind of jobs are getting few and far between in the woodworking game! Good on ya Randy
Our Fred is keeping rather quiet...I reckon he's striking a deal for the first 18" bowclamps
Old 01-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

I actually got paid for a job this weekend. I think it worked out to about $5 per hour. But it's money...
Old 01-18-2012, 02:08 AM

I make less per hour than an unskilled McDonalds burger flipper
Old 01-18-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
I make less per hour than an unskilled McDonalds burger flipper
Okami,

To take that analogy another step and to make it worse, you also have to pay the mortgage, buy the griddle, stock the ingredients and pay the other bills!

That's why I like working for people I know; they expect to pay almost nothing and give themselves a lifetime warranty!

-Rutager
Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Grew up in Peekskill, NY; Now living in Northwest Kansas

Try working for relatives - I have been a "volunteer" cook at the family restaurant and I get paid with Bud Light, Smoked Pork Ribs & Prime Rib on work nights and a bonus fried chicken buffet on Sunday at noon. I do the pork ribs on my Traeger and they are amaaaazing. Maybe it's not so bad after all....

"If you have good manners and are well spoken, you can be welcome anywhere." -Mom, 1959
Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 PM

Around here we work for eggs.

That's 100 super-jumbos. Most are double yolks. My wood chips go to a local farm co-op for use in lining the cattle stalls. Friends get eggs, neighbors get eggs... This week I made deviled eggs, pickled eggs (Mmm... try 'em with beer ) Last week I discovered Shakshuka.

That's a store bought egg on the left.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! Yum!

How's your cholesterol?

Curried eggs on toast is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. Great for breakfast.

Bob Swenson started a thread here about a million years ago, looking for egg recipes. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find.