talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bowclamp

Bowclamp Modern technology used to realize an age-old idea: a perfect bow shaped arc. The Bowclamp's patented design - made possible only with the help of computerized, numerically-controlled cutting technology (CNC) - allows for equal clamping pressure along the entire length of the glue line... with only one clamp at each end!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 12:23 PM

Default He clamped until his fingers bled...

Be careful out there.

Rest assured, as per doctors orders, it's been licked and swiped across denim. Back in the game.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:35 PM

Default Re: He clamped until his fingers bled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigFeuerzeig View Post
Rest assured, as per doctors orders, it's been licked and swiped across denim. Back in the game.
Sounds like my usual day in the shop
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Right now I have matching scabs on my middle finger knuckles. I have no idea how I got them - probably turning screws in narrow spaces...

Good medical treatment, Craig. Pretty much the same first-aid I use.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:00 AM

Craig,

You forgot the splash of lacquer thinner to disinfect and cauterize..

Mirko
Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 PM

Nah... I figure if I don't need the electrical tape to close, than I don't need the thinner. But it's medicinal denim.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:49 AM

Picked up this little critter this morning handling some rough Oak
Followed Mirko's advice, whipped it out, let the dog give it a quick lick clean, then dipped my finger in the most toxic thinner I could find, to sterilise it

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:13 AM

Well, I've been debating starting my own thread regarding this, but have decided it perhaps is better to bury it here amongst whoever here is of the sanguinary persuasion....

we're having only a sort-of festive Christmas season, courtesy of a pretty horrific accident.

Uh, that "Finger, how I miss you" story in the Contest thread was eye-poppingly prescient, I am sorry to relate.

Just hours after I wrote that, our neighbor (I sold him the lot), friend and business partner, "our" musher Sebastian, telephoned (it's minus 35) and said "Can you start up the Subaru (it's the only gasoline vehicle in our combined fleet)? I just cut my finger off and have to go to Fairbanks" (We cannot start diesels here without many hours of warm-up time).

Oh boy. He was cutting up meat - it's in huge frozen chunks - for his sled dogs and after who knows how many times over the last dozen years, that happened. Of course he doesn't use a band saw - it's too slow. And of course he has NO guard on his table saw - it gets in the way.

Well, so did his finger.

I am not going to show pix; that would be too exhibitionistic.

In reality, he took his left index finger and just above the first joint, sliced it three-quarters off. The hospital stitched it and told him if it didn't get infected, it might re-attach. Then doused him with antibiotics.

But last night it definitely was infected, so back he went... they did not excise it and take a slice off his butt as a graft, but told him to consider it like frostbite, and whatever remains he gets to keep; the rest will slough off.

This is going to make it VERY difficult for him to topple Lance Mackey as King of the Iditarod this winter. And ALL of us here consider it karmic payback for his attitude toward bandsaws -

be careful out there, everyone. And have a Merry Christmas and a safe New Year.