talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Bowclamp

Bowclamp Modern technology used to realize an age-old idea: a perfect bow shaped arc. The Bowclamp's patented design - made possible only with the help of computerized, numerically-controlled cutting technology (CNC) - allows for equal clamping pressure along the entire length of the glue line... with only one clamp at each end!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 08:59 PM

Default Re: This bench is made for clampin'

Is that link dead?? or is it me??

Must work on that too...

I've had a bunch of inquiries about producing the bench... Need to follow up on that. It is/was one of my new years resolutions. I'm trying to bump that up the list...

I went with 2" thick, seems to be solid enough not to bow under stress from the cauls... and the hole spacing is 3" on center... with the first set being 22" apart. This puts the dogs/wedges an inch in from the ends of the bowclamps. Honestly, I'm really happy with the design, I wouldn't change it... it seems to work for all sorts of situations, every glue-up I've tried. I've also been meaning to get a pdf of the lay-out up on the website too... Ugh so much to do.

In the mean time I'll re-post this. It seems not many have seen it.