talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > Manufacturers & Vendors of Fine Tools > Blum Tool Company

Blum Tool Company Unique designs for Quality Tools. Maker of wooden bench, block, and scraper planes. Also, sharpening jigs, portable and stationary workbenches, mallets, and more to come.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Hi to all

Fred showed me your new plane on Skype, Gary, and I have to say it's one beautiful tool! He also showed me some curlies from it, and it's clear that it's the real thing. I'm seriously intrigued. Apparently I'll have to visit Fred again (the horror, the horror!) to try his out.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Philip Marcou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Blum View Post
Thanks, Phillip

I hope you're right. I am a little gunshy, though.
Don't worry about that: I am qualified to call in an air strike at any time.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Of what? Kiwis?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:20 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Philip Marcou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
Of what? Kiwis?
No, not Kiwis, but folk who can quell unpleasant trolls, goblins, prickly members of the Anti High Qulaity Tool Brigade and others merely by use of skillfull satire etc whilst affording us a huge laugh at the same time- go to Woodnet Forums for one such example.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Bummer. I was looking forward to kiwis.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Marcou View Post
No, not Kiwis, but folk who can quell unpleasant trolls, goblins, prickly members of the Anti High Qulaity Tool Brigade and others merely by use of skillfull satire etc whilst affording us a huge laugh at the same time- go to Woodnet Forums for one such example.
Phillip,

After reading the thread I think you are referring to, I want to offer my services as a fellow planemaker to you. How about sending one of your offending planes to me, and I will do what I can to get it working properly? This may take some amount of time- I'll get back to you when I get it working right. I will be consulting with some forum experts on proper design and functionality.

Gary
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-25-2009, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

Now there's a gentlemanly offer that would be hard to ignore!