talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Ask For Forum Help!

Ask For Forum Help! Ask questions about how to use talkFestool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2018, 04:43 PM

Default May I have permission to ask this question of members?

Greetings,

It's been a while since I have posted any comments within this forum and that is because I "wear" several hats. One of those hats is, of course, that I am a woodworker and Festool nut. Another of my hats is that I am an iPhone app developer. I recently upgraded one of my apps and have time to concentrate on another app.

That said, this is my question:

Would it be permissible to ask member's what type of iPhone app they would find beneficial to their work?

(Note. I do not support the Android platform so the app would be iPhone centric.)

I would like to give back to the woodworking community that has helped me immensely since I began woodworking seriously many years ago. If the app is not too involved I would be happy to make it a free download.

If you choose to deline I will respect your decision without any hard feelings whatsoever.

Thank you for your consideration.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:06 PM

Default Re: May I have permission to ask this question of members?

Good question, The app I have on my phone that I use the most for woodworking is a very nice fraction calculator. I made the decision to stick to imperial in my work and was not such a good student in 3 or 4th grade.

Mark
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-2018, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sta2lt View Post
Good question, The app I have on my phone that I use the most for woodworking is a very nice fraction calculator. I made the decision to stick to imperial in my work and was not such a good student in 3 or 4th grade.

Mark
Speaking only for myself, I have used both Imperial/Western and Metric rules and for some reason, I've found myself of late favoring the Metric rules.

In truth, the thickness of your mark will negate any mark unless, of course, you use a bladed scribe to mark with.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post
Would it be permissible to ask member's what type of iPhone app they would find beneficial to their work?
Sounds good to me.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

This sounds great - I would be interested to see what kind of response you get. Thanks for asking!
Old 05-06-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poto View Post
This sounds great - I would be interested to see what kind of response you get. Thanks for asking!
Thank you for the go ahead.

I will begin my thread in the General Info forum.

For some reason I have not received a single email notification from this thread even though Notification Type is set to Instant email notification.

I also checked my creds in my User CP and everything is correct. Hopefully, the new thread will not have this issue.

Thanks again for the thumbs up.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot View Post

For some reason I have not received a single email notification from this thread even though Notification Type is set to Instant email notification.

I also checked my creds in my User CP and everything is correct. Hopefully, the new thread will not have this issue.
Thanks for letting me know about this problem

Tags
iphone app