talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Ask For Forum Help!

Ask For Forum Help! Ask questions about how to use talkFestool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Add Pics to Album?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONWEN View Post

Very much worth the effort Joraft, thanks.
I agree, I hadn't seen some of those photos before, and they're great!

They don't look near as nice as they're stored in the database :

d\e[V\ MLS #++/@@E114""$'')lmttu{#,?57=SU[cekGHK$܄+-
';#-B$4$v}y{^_a);
$ 4.3<DJU"-'-7W^j*F6<Ebkx*6F4ASDQc<FTKWg&L/S8W?g/Jk3F]Uo.<MLb~DXqUj>L^O^q;BK8e$Ei$@_7\YftJQYTZa 3SuKt?]{Gf
_uj|vSTUcdeR~KoXxmj_q }kszd
1;vp|ekl UZY *"ü uzuzyikeOON~rrq**˹y
{zvٴOºŔ _[Tżµ˾[SIKE>SKC1-)'$!}tkvutE<4{pbVgZOic^qic952@=; }v̺snk{vt/zx
[UT zzzlll!d\e[V\MLS
#++/@@E114""$'')lmttu{
# ,?57=SU[cekGHK$܄ +-
';#-B$4$v}y{^_a);
$ 4.3<DJU"-'-7W^j*F6<Ebkx*6F4ASDQc<FTKWg&L/S8W?g/Jk3F]Uo.<MLb~DXqUj>L^O^q;BK8e$Ei$@_7\YftJQYTZ a3SuKt?]{Gf
_uj|vSTUcdeR~KoXxmj _q}kszd
1;vp|eklUZY*"ü 
uzuzyikeOON~rrq** ˹y
{zvٴOºŔ ÿ_[Tżµ˾[SIKE>SKC1-)'$!}tkvutE<4{pbVgZOic^qic952@=; }v̺snk{vt/zx!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:32 AM

Thanks again John!
Just to let you know, I actually made that second album a week before my photos vanished...
The reason I made that second album was because the add photos button had vanished from the original album. I knew I had space there but I couldn't add photos.
I made the second album, and had the same problem.. So just gave up on it all. It wasn't until a week later that my album photos did a runner.
Cheers!
Okami
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post

... Just to let you know, I actually made that second album a week before my photos vanished...
The reason I made that second album was because the add photos button had vanished from the original album. I knew I had space there but I couldn't add photos.
I made the second album, and had the same problem.. So just gave up on it all. It wasn't until a week later that my album photos did a runner.
Go ahead, Okami, poke holes in my perfectly good theory.

So now the question is, how were you able to make two albums with the same name? I didn't think the software would let you do that. That was definitely the root of the problem, but now the chain of events is murky.

I could just say "all's well that ends well" at this point, but I'd be much happier knowing the exact chain of events.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:53 AM

All's well that ends well, John and I'm happy with that!
Now, when I made that second album I was trying to add photos to Freds Hammer thread ( let's just blame Fred ). In frustration and being in a hurry, just made the second album and named it okami's pics ( same as the first ). After I'd named it and the software accepted it, I was a bit supprised. Anyway, I couldn't add photos there too.
Later when I noticed my photos had vanished, that second ablum also named okami's pics, had "N/A" next to it.
I put this down to bugs in the software, identity problems and maybe also because there were no photos uploaded to it.
That's the full story, and all the info i have
any detectives on the forum??
Old 05-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post

I put this down to bugs in the software, identity problems and maybe also because there were no photos uploaded to it.
That's the full story, and all the info i have
any detectives on the forum??
Okami, you may have uncovered a bug in the software, or your initial problem created a condition that allowed the duplicate albums. But that doesn't explain why you had a problem a week before everyone else. While I never dismiss the possibility of coincidence, I've found that these situations more often involve "cause and effect".

Based on my current level of VBulletin technical expertise, my conclusion is that we do indeed have gremlins residing in our system, and you did something to piss them off, they went after you first, and then the rest of us.

Therefore, we must place all responsibility for this problem on you.

That's MY story and I'm stickin' to it.