talkFestool  

Go Back   talkFestool > General Information > Forum Help Desk > Ask For Forum Help!

Ask For Forum Help! Ask questions about how to use talkFestool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 PM

Default RSS feeds

Good Afternoon.

I am in the process of setting RSS feeds for this forum on my Iphone and my mac and I find that I will get the thread titles. Is there any way to get each posting in the order that they are posted? For instance:

thread h post

thread b post

thread h post

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Peter
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: RSS feeds

Peter,

Try this:

talkFestool RSS. Click it and then save it as a favorite.

It's from my iPhone.

Regards,

Dan.

Last edited by DanClark; 11-14-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Dan,

I had gotten that far before. Maybe that is the only way to do it, but let me draw a comparison.

I set up the same thing with the FOG and it lists each post. So for instance if there were two different posts in a thread today it would show each individually on the screen.

Talk Festool shows the thread title. You have to click on the thread title to see posts in that thread afterwards. For instance, I see that Elji posted in the Wood selection in Design thread. If I click on that link I then see Michael's post. In the FOG manner I would see both those posts in the chronological order that they came in along with all the other posts in chrono order.

I didn't know if that is just the way that it is, or something that I was doing, or maybe a selection in the admin section of the software that would allow posts versus threads to be put out by RSS.

I hope that this helps explain.

If you can help - great. Otherwise I understand.

Peter
Old 11-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Founding Member

Peter

AFAIK that's how it works. There are no options for this that I'm aware of. It matches the way that the vBulletin software works. After clicking an RSS link the thread will open in your browser. Then you click "View First Unread", this will take to your first unread post.

This roughly parallels the way the standard browser software works. Regarding the standard browser software...

In the main tool bar, between Calendar and Search, click "New Posts". This will display a list of threads that YOU have not read. To the left of a thread title is a small black arrow. When you click that arrow, it take you to the first post in that thread that YOU have not read - it's personal by member.

I have experience with both FOG's software and talkFestool's software (vBulletin). With vBulletin's approach you don't spend time scanning posts that you've already read or have no interest in to find a thread or post that you are interested in. To be sure, the FOG software approach has it's benefits, but I much prefer the vBulletin approach.

I'll research for some add-ins, but we're keeping the software pretty stable for the new few months. (Just patches and minor upgrades.) There's a major vBulletin software upgrade coming and new add-ins might not work with the new upgrade.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:54 PM

Dan,

Thanks for your help.

Peter
Old 11-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Founding Member

Peter,

You're welcome. Just checking though... Was my explanation about "New Posts and "View First Unread" clear? If so, I'll copy the text into the permanent help section.

Regards,

Dad.