View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 03:52 AM

Default Pair of night stands

I had made a dresser and mirror for my daughter a few years back and she wanted a pair of night stands.

These were made from cherry with a walnut General Finishes gel stain and then sprayed with lacquer.

The first two photos show making a slight radius on the bottoms of the aprons - sides and back. The pattern was then used to pattern route the curve on my CMS table.

Most of the joinery was dominos except the drawers were hand cut dovetails and the bottom shelf was mortise and tenon using the MFS templates and a small Dremel in a Microfence router base. I wiped the tables down with mineral spirits to make sure there were no glue blotches before applying the gel stain and then getting the lacquer finish on them.

I have done the spraying in the past but had a friend do it this time because I don't really like dealing with lacquer without plenty of ventilation and a proper spray booth, which I can't easily do without a major rework of the garage.

Questions or feedback welcome. I have a sketchup file for anyone interested. Just PM me.

neil
Attached Thumbnails
pair-night-stands-img_0733.jpg   pair-night-stands-img_0734.jpg   pair-night-stands-img_0740.jpg   pair-night-stands-img_0741.jpg   pair-night-stands-img_0742.jpg  

pair-night-stands-img_0745.jpg   pair-night-stands-img_0746.jpg   pair-night-stands-img_0748.jpg   pair-night-stands-img_0751.jpg   pair-night-stands-img_0995.jpg  

Last edited by neilc; 07-28-2015 at 03:57 AM.