View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Huge Bridge City Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeTwoBears View Post
Well, I just checked the activitiy on my cc and found two charges. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel. I had thought the orders didn't go through. The orders are identical, so I'm assuming it'll get figured out, or maybe I'll wind up with 2 orders and some stuff for sale. Either way, I'm getting some cool stuff.........
Ladies & ?????,

I wrote this earlier today on John Economaki's blog but it may be worth posting it here as well.
fredhw Says:
January 10th, 2013 at 9:23 AM John, thank you for your message and the commitment to all of us.
Guys, as some of you know and some do not, I have no affiliation with BCTW other than I love their tools and I have become friends with John, Michael and so many of you. I am only saying this so that I will not be seen as a shill.

I too was frustrated last night and at one point had two laptops, an iPad and my phone all attempting to make orders or even log in in a couple of cases. However, it did not take me too long to let go of my anger and frustration as I realized what had gone wrong.

BCTW, has never had a sale like this and in fact because of their sales model the number of people ordering at any given time was extremely low. No one anticipated the volume nor could they have done so as they have had no track record of anything even close to this.

Finally, at least too me, what John/BCTW is doing to make up for this is completely unprecedented. I have known many businesses that have had situations like this and just said sorry, we wish it had not happened and that was it.

If this is the worst that happens to any of us, then I am a very happy camper.

Fred

This is now outside of what I wrote on the blog but think of this. John/BCTW is so upset and concerned over what happened last night that he is making a free new tool for each of us that tried to place an order through the Clearance page. That is on top of the fact that BCTW is going to actively clean up every error and attempt to ensure that we receive as much as possible of what we had ordered. This is a monstrous job and one that I would never want to have to deal with.

One thing that I can say for sure and that is that I am extremely proud of the manner in which we tFer's are handling this. The easiest thing in the world would have been for all of us to vent our anger as loudly as possible. However, instead we used humor and grace to express ourselves. We

We may be a small forum but we have some of the best, brightest people anywhere on the net. Luckily, I have not been able to post much as of late or I would have REALLY messed up the the best and brightest part.

Thank you all,

Fred
Kapex, OF2200,Domino,TS 75, Trion PS 300, RO 150, RO 90, ETS 150/5, ETS 150/3, DTS 400, RS 400, LS 130, RS 2, Deltex 93, RAS 115, CT 33, CT 22, CT 26 CT Midi, OF 1400, MFK 700, C 12, LR 32 3, Shinex, MFT/3s, 3 MFT 1080s, WCR 1000, UG-KA-SET, 10 Sysports, 2 Walko's, Marcou's J20A, S20A, M12, S45, S55A, VSP 40, Brese 650-55J, Sauer & Steiner XSNo.4, SS Jointer, A5 Desert Ironwood and #4 Damascus, Knew Concepts 8 inch Fretsaw, Knew Concepts 5 inch Titanium Fretsaw, Hammer K3 48x48, Hammer A3 31