Thread: Tool Cabinet...
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 AM

Default Tool Cabinet...

Figured I needed an organized display for my new goodies. It would have been nice to build one of those fancy displays you see in Fine Woodworking. You know... dovetails, drawers, mixed hardwoods, swing out doors etc. I needed to get this done fast and I didn't want to buy any material. So looking around the shop I had some plywood scraps for a box, some beaded pine paneling, poplar, 3 1/2" crown mold and a couple pieces of 1x cherry.

I had kind of a loose plan in my head and just started cutting and gluing. I banged this out a few hours yesterday and a few more today. The pics are from my iPhone so excuse the blurriness and orientation...

At this point I decided I'd hang the cabinet with a french cleat. So to get the hanging cleat flush on the back, I set these nailers in an 1 1/2" to act as stops for the pine T&G paneling. I held the panels up against the stops with a molding screwed in from the front...

I used what I had and fell short in a few places. Here I used some rips of pine to backup the crown. Its recessed because it was already that size. Oh well...

Last edited by bigfoot; 12-07-2012 at 08:09 PM.