View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: What I did on my summer vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joraft View Post
Well done, Peter, very creative!

Apparently you haven't yet experienced a genuine bad mood. Had that been my wife, I would've been walking around for several days with the impression of a golf ball in the middle of my forehead.

Poor John.

You're right - the mood was more like "slightly testy". About the same as Sharon's mood this morning when I told her about mentioning her mood in that post...

Michael, one of the challenges I set myself was to not buy anything. I confess that I did buy the $39 block plane though. What a piece of crap. It was really instructive to try to use it after using nice planes from LV and BCTW. Astoundingly awful. The very thin blade could be sharpened, but didn't hold an edge. The lever cap wouldn't hold the blade securely. The adjuster was unadjustable. And the blade was so thin that it cut into your hand at the back when holding the plane.

I found out later that I got ripped off on the block plane: I bought it at Canadian Tire for $39. It was only $19 at Home Depot...