View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 PM

Default Re: T-Minus 2 days until...

This is probably not the answer you want to hear but the solution to your "rip" issue is the Byrnes Model Machines - Table Saw. This is one amazing modelers table saw. I've had mine now for about 3 years, it's one of the tools that "saved" me when I built my Ark project. (FWW- Furniture-102 Contemporary Designs & Design Book Eight) ,,,,, for cutting rips in 1/8" & 1/4" re-sawed Acacia/Koa up to eight feet long.(with the right set-up) The height capacity is about one inch. Read the two reviews that are linked to Jim's website. Keep in mine that this saw was designed with model shipbuilders in mind and they only do straight cuts,,,, the saw blade does not tilt,,,, as it is always at a perfect 90. If you would want angled rips my suggestion would be to make your first cuts at a 90 then double face tape down an angled shim to the angle you want, the length of the table top out of a hardwood .......then wax it.
This is also amazingly quiet to the point you forget that it is on!
Important to keep in mind, Depending on Jim's order flow, there could be a waitlist.

This saw along with the Jointmaker Pro make a great duet.

I'm sure we will talk more about it.

cheers,
,,,,,,r